Terms of Service
Last updated: January 25, 2015
Travel Hacking Cartel Terms and Conditions
The Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC (“THC”) operates the THC service, which we hope You (the “Customer”, “You”, or “Your”) use. If You use it, please use it responsibly. If You don’t, we’ll have to terminate Your account.
For paid accounts, you’ll be charged on a monthly or annual basis. You can cancel anytime, but there are no refunds (except as described below).
You own the data that you provide to THC and You’re responsible for keeping it safe.
The Terms of Service (the “Terms”), the THC Service (as defined herin), and our prices can change at any time. We’ll warn you 30 days in advance of any price changes. We’ll try to warn you about major changes to the Terms or Baremetrics, but we make no guarantees.
That’s the basic idea, but you must read through the entire below and agree with all the details before you use our products or services (whether or not You have created an account).
By using the Travelhacking.org web site (“Service”), a service of Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC., you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC. reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://travelhacking.org/terms
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
These Terms of Service include:
- Your agreement that the Service is provided “as is” and without warranty.
- Your agreement that the Company has no liability regarding the Service.
- Your consent to release the Company from liability based on claims between Users and generally.
- Your agreement to indemnify the Company from claims due to your use or inability to use the Service or content submitted from your account to the Service.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts.
- You may cancel your paying account at any time. You will not be charged again and you account will be closed at the end of your current monthly or annual payment period.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly or annual basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months or years of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for time unused with an open account. The only exception to the refund policy is: a renewed subscription payment may be refunded if a request for refund has been received in writing within 72 hours of the renewal date.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade, you will be upgraded immediately, and your credit card that you provided will be charged immediately.
- For any downgrade, your card will not be charged the new rate until your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading or canceling your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by visiting the “Your Account” section of the Service.
- All of your personal Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Travel Hacking Cartel website (travelhacking.org) or the Service itself.
- Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- You acknowledge and agree that all content and information, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video or other material (also known as “Content”) provided on the Website or through the Service is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services, and except as expressly permitted herein, shall not use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purposes whatsoever any Content or third party submissions or other proprietary rights not owned by you: (i) without the express prior written consent of the respective owners, and (ii) in any way that violates any third party right.
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and any materials uploaded remain yours.
- Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC does not pre-screen Content, but Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright © 2015 Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC.
The Cartel Concierge
- The purpose of The Cartel Concierge is to provide general guidance to the Company’s members for booking complex airline awards. You acknowledge that the Company does not control what awards or options for travel are available and can only advise on real world conditions not under its control.
- The is no guarantee, stated or implied, that the Company will provide you with travel advice that you find acceptable.
- You are only eligible to use the Cartel Concierge service if you are a First Class member.
- The Cartel Concierge service is not available for use by any member until that member has completed their trial period and paid for a full month of service. Members may elect to end their trial period early and pay the full subscription price in order to gain access to the Cartel Concierge service.
- Eligible members are limited to one complete Cartel Concierge booking per quarter. Per quarter will be determined on calendar basis and will renew for all members at the same time: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1.
- A Cartel Concierge booking is considered complete when one of the following conditions occurs:
- You accept the Cartel Concierge’s answer as complete.
- You and your assigned Cartel Concierge complete a combined 10 replies to your booking request.
- Your assigned Cartel Concierge determines, at his or her discretion that it is not possible to provide a satisfactory outcome for your request.
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- Company has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Services; what Content you access via the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Company from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to websites containing information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate.
- In no event shall company or its suppliers, or their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable with respect to the website or the services or the subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, tort, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory (i) for any amount in the aggregate in excess of the greater of the fees paid by you for the services purchased through the website during the six-month period preceding the applicable claim; (ii) for any special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever; (iii) for data loss or cost of procurement of substitute goods or services; or (iv) for any matter beyond company’s reasonable control. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
100,000 Miles / Points Guarantee
Travel Hacking Cartel LLC offers a 100,000 miles / points per year guarantee for all members that meet the following criteria:
- You must be able to make use of miles and points earning credit cards or,
- You must be able to make use of discounted mileage purchase promotions for an airline operating at your home airport. For purposes of this guarantee, your home airport must be an international airport.
If you are dissatisfied with your service or if you are not able to earn 100,000 miles or points in each 12-month period that you’re enrolled as a paying member of the Travel Hacking Cartel service, we will take the following actions:
- We will conduct a brief interview to gain an understanding about your current travel hacking strategy.
- We will credit your account with two free months of service at your current plan level.
- We will offer dedicated email assistance to you during those two free months to help you earn more miles and points. You understand that, due to the unpredictable nature of the tavel industry and your own ability to take advantage of Deal Alerts, it is not possible to guarantee that more miles or points can be earned during this period.
You are free to cancel your subscription to the Travel Hacking Cartel service at any time during this two-month-free period, just as you are at any other time during your subscription.
The 100,000 miles / points guarantee may only be used once per calendar year, and each request to make use of the guarantee must be at least 12 months apart.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email or our online support interface.
- You understand that Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC, or any other Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds 200 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC) of other Fizzle customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your bandwidth until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Travel Hacking Cartel, LLC (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com.